Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Reflections of a Summer Gone By (Too Quickly)

It has been a slow summer for Lucy Kat and a very busy summer for Kelly. We started off the summer attending a fabulously hipster wedding in our very favorite city (shout out to Brooklyn, USA!). Mike and I lived in Brooklyn for a couple of years and got engaged in Prospect Park. We love NYC and hope to go back often now that the kids are getting a little older. Though being at the wedding was wonderful for so many reasons - first and foremost, the bride and groom are a really snazzy couple who loves life almost as much as they love each other - it was really cool for us to be back on our old stomping ground.
Pre-wedding selfie! Ready to celebrate with Mr. and Mrs. Slaton!

The original gang together again. (And look at my handsome hubby in the middle!)

Next up was Columbus, Ohio where my hubs spent a primitive week camping with some friends while I got to hang back with the kids and visit with the Ohio family. 

Unfortunately, half of the campers got sick while camping and my husband came back looking like death warmed over. Fortunately, cell phone coverage in the mountains was non-existent so I didn't know (and therefore didn't worry) about the guys all being sick in the middle of nowhere, so we all had a pretty good time. (Could have used a little heads up about the phenomenon wherein girl cousins long dramatically for each other from afar but end up screaming and clawing at each others' throats for nearly the entire week - more wine, please!)


The world needs more of this little darling.

Brave rock climbers at Center of Science and Industry (COSI)
The next generation...
Cousins and friends through laughter and tears (OH. MY. GOD. The tears!)



We wrapped up our summer travels with a week long trip to South Padre Island...

Too cool for school...

Beach love


...followed by a trip to Massachusetts for another wedding. We were fortunate enough to be with this amazing couple when they got engaged AND tied the knot! We love you, Justin and Chelsie!

Also? LOVE New England in the summer. I'm from Texas, y'all. August is supposed to be miserable. But off the coast of Boston, it was downright pleasant, even a little chilly at times. Being one that hates extremes, this was a truly wonderful place for me to be. I will have a summer home here someday. I will have a summer home here someday. I will I will I will...
There really isn't anything sweeter than this. Oh, Mike is hiding a beer behind his back. Don't tell him I told you so.

Oh, wait. This is the sweetest thing ever.

Shoot! Okay, this moment may rival the other two for sweetness.

Swagger, y'all. 

Ni-night, glow stick princess. 

Thanks for the memories, Summer 2014. 



No comments:

Post a Comment