Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Lucy Kat is Going Non-Toxic!

Did you know that Europe bans 1,371 toxic chemicals from their personal care products and that the U.S. only bans 11?

About two years ago, I became interested in making things from scratch. I started with food and gradually I began to make my own cleaners using natural ingredients. My newly potty-trained daughter had developed a rash on the back of her legs and buttocks, and I suspected that the commercial cleaner that I was using to clean the toilet seat was the culprit. My suspicions were confirmed right away when my cleaning solution of water, borax, washing soda and essential oils (adapted from Wellness Mama’s recipe) put a stop to her red and painful rash! This victory and my growing interest in using ingredients from nature to create things that I use every day quickly moved me to make my own bath and body products. I began making my own bar soap, bath bombs and bath melts and now sell them through my own business, Lucy Kat Soaps

Fast forward two years...

I have been up and down on the “natural” train. Like a growing number of people, I am becoming increasingly wary of the myriad synthetic ingredients found in our food, skin care, and household products. But it's kind of a pain in the butt! (Am I right??) Credible and unbiased information is hard to come by, and deciphering those ridiculously long ingredient lists on the back of shampoo bottles – especially when you have two whiny toddlers in the shopping cart – is nothing short of excruciating.


I am grateful for this company for so many reasons, but the primary reason is their passion for presenting credible health information about some of the worst offenders in our products in a clear way. It is a company with a clear mission and a leadership determined to increase awareness about the poisons going into our everyday products, and create healthy, toxin-free alternatives that nourish your body.

“We do not share this message about toxic chemicals to sell products, we created the products to share this message.” Ava Anderson

My friend invited me to an Ava Anderson party that she was hosting because she knew that I shared her interest in safe ingredients. I accepted, thinking I might purchase a couple of items and pick up a few natural tips and ideas for some of my Lucy Kat products. Instead, I was so inspired by the mission of Ava Anderson Non-Toxic that I decided to sell the products alongside Lucy Kat! 

Knowledge = Power! 



If you are interested in learning more about Ava’s mission or products, please email me. We are always looking for health-minded individuals who are passionate about spreading this important message!


No comments:

Post a Comment